The objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Chemistry are to provide the knowledge, skills, and attributes that should be achieved by the graduates for a successful career. The graduate should be able to:
- Become chemists who are competent, innovative and productive in addressing chemistry issues in chemical related industries.
- Develop professionally with proficient soft skills to adapt to a range of contacts and audiences.
- Demonstrate high standard of ethics, pure values and social responsibilities.
STPM/Matriculation/Science Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.80 and passed with Grade B in Chemistry and Grade B- in ONE (1) of the following subjects: Biology/Mathematics/Physics.
Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 3.00 and passed with credits in Mathematics in the SPM/ equivalent examination.
- chemists or scientists in government research institutions such as MARDI, Malaysia Palm Oil Board (MPOB), RRI, PRSS, AMREC, SIRIM and Malaysia Nuclear Agency (MNA).
- chemists or process engineers in private sectors such as in petrochemicals, rubber, palm oil, pharmaceuticals, textiles and dyes, cosmeceuticals, electronics, water treatment and food processing companies.
- academics or researchers in higher learning institutions, following pursuance of their degree qualifications to Masters or Ph.D levels.
- quality control or quality assurance and marketing officers in agencies or industries in which sound knowledge of chemistry skills are required.