Overview of Master of Quality Engineering and Management in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
In order to provide holistic career development platform for those needy, the Master of Quality Engineering and Management (MQEM) program is designed by blending both the academic content and QE professional certification. This programme will be embedded professional certification from various professional certification body such as Chartered Quality Institute (CQI), and Lean Center of Excellence (MLCoE). The mixture of academics and industrial experts is integrated into the teaching and learning process. Therefore make it as a unique master programme.
MQEM is aimed at providing a comprehensive, internationally recognized master’s degree programme in QE that produces professionals with leadership skills who are knowledgeable and competent in QE discipline and technopreneurial activities.Those who graduated with MQEM will be equipped with an advanced theory and application of QE particularly on Total Quality Management (TQM) with the optional certification CQI membership and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB) certification from MLCoE.
It is expected that the MQEM graduates will serve as competent QE professional and quality managers in the job market. This course is designed at attracting both domestic and overseas participants. MQEM allows engineering graduates and relevant technical personnel from both manufacturing and service industry to specialize in the area of QE. MQEM is expected to enhance the participant knowledge and understanding of all aspects of advance manufacturing, inspection, and quality improvement methodology (which they may not be quite familiar with), or to specialize further in this discipline.
Expected areas of graduate employment: –
- Lead Auditor & Quality Management Representative (QMR)
- Process Improvement Expert / Lean Manager
- Metrology & Calibration Expert
- Testing & Inspection Expert
- Quality Manager
- Project Manager
- Researcher / Academician
- Quality System, Standard and Specifications
- Industrial Engineering and Lean System
- Advanced Measurement and Inspection Technology
- Advanced Improvement and Economics of Quality
- Research Methodology
- Master Project 1
- Innovation Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Project and Risk Management
- Master Project 2
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Engineering Technology or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.75; or
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Engineering Technology or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and UniKL internal rigorous assessment & approval; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Engineering Technology or equivalent with CGPA less than 2.50 and minimum 5 years working experience in related field.