Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1
Manufacturing engineering technologists, who analyze, synthesize and apply science, mathematics and engineering knowledge and laboratory experience to provide technically, environmentally and economically viable solutions to government agencies and private sector in the field of manufacturing engineering technology at national and international level.
- PEO 2
Manufacturing engineering technologists who manage and communicate effectively in leading and engaging multidisciplinary teams in solving engineering problems at national and international level.
- PEO 3
Manufacturing engineering technologists who utilize engineering knowledge and skills to explore and/or embark on technopreneurial opportunities with novel and innovative research activities at national and international level in the field of manufacturing engineering technology.
- PEO 4
Manufacturing engineering technologists who integrate ethical, social and professional responsibilities in the field of manufacturing engineering technology.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- PLO 1
Synthesize knowledge and contribute to original research that broadens the frontier of knowledge in manufacturing engineering technology.
- PLO 2
Adapt practical skills leading to novel and innovative ideas in manufacturing engineering technology.
- PLO 3
Provide expert advice to society in manufacturing engineering technology.
- PLO 4
Conduct research independently and adhere to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice.
- PLO 5
Display leadership qualities through communicating and working effectively with peers and stakeholders.
- PLO 6
Appraise problems in manufacturing engineering critically using scientific skills.
- PLO 7
Integrate information for lifelong learning.
Areas of Research
- Product Design – CAD/CAM/CAE/CAO Rapid Prototyping, Value Analysis / Value Engineering (VA/VE)
- Process and Manufacturing System – Artificial Intelligent
- Production and Operation Management – Logistics and Supply Chain RFID, MRP, MRP ll, JIT
- Research Methodology
- Innovation Technology and Entrepreneurship
Full-time (6 Semesters)
Semester 1 – 6
* Thesis preparation needs minimum 6 months to graduate
Part-time (8 Semesters)
Semester 1 – 8
* Thesis preparation needs minimum 8 months to graduate
- Master degree in a related field as approved by Senate UniKL.
- Research and development engineer