Overview of Diploma of Engineering Technology in Electrical and Electronics in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Professional engineers harness the power of science and mathematics to design innovative and practical solutions to real-world problems. Through this process they create the new technologies that can revolutionize society and make life better for people. Electrical and Electronic Engineering is one of the fastest growing areas of new technology and is at the heart of a knowledge-based economy. To get some idea of the wide range of influence of electrical and electronic engineers, consider some of the technological advances we take for granted every day, such as electric power, telecommunications, medical technology and robotics
The engine that drives or controls almost all of these new technologies is the computer or electronics. Computers were originally designed by electrical and electronic engineers and remain their major tool today. But there are more to Electrical and Electronics Engineering than just computers; it is what they are used for that determines their real value to society.
Career Opportunities of Diploma of Engineering Technology in Electrical and Electronics in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Upon completion, DET Electrical & Electronics Diploma holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce in many sectors such as:
- Manufacturing (Technician, Assistant Engineer, Electrical/Electronic Engineering Advisor, Electrical/Electronic Engineering Supervisor)
- Electronics Industries (Computer Technician, Test & Measurement Technician, Instrumentation Technologist)
- Research and Development (Design Technologist)
- Education (Lab Assistant, Technician, Academic Executive)
- Technical Service Providers (Consultant, Engineering Contractors, Service Technician, Technical Support Engineer)
- Engineering Product Trading (Suppliers, Vendors, Marketing Executive, Sales Engineer)
- Technopreneurship (Innovator, Designer, Entrepreneur, Motivator)
Entry Requirement of Diploma of Engineering Technology in Electrical and Electronics in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- Pass in SPM with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in the following subjects:
Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and 1 other subject; and at least pass in English; OR
- Pass in O-Level with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) including Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and one other subject and at least a pass in English; OR
- Pass in Engineering/Engineering Technology Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant or equivalent field from accredited PPT with a minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Pass in Vocational and Technical Skills Certificate(Level 3, KKM) in the relevant field with CGPA 2.0 AND obtained at least one credit at SPM level with one-year experience in the relevant field or at least one semester bridging programme
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in Math, English, one science/vocational/technical subject and 2 other subjects.
IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.