Overview of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Telecommunication in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Telecommunication Engineering is one of engineering branch that is in demand in Malaysia. Based on DeLoitte’s 2017 industry outlook report, there was a strong growth in the telecommunications sector with huge demand in the areas of high-speed data, Internet of Things (IoT) etc. Thus the Bachelor of Engineering Technology (BET) in Telecommunication in UniKL BMI was established in direct response to the rapidly increasing local, as well as international, demand for graduates with technical knowledge and to succeed in this fast-moving field.
Our BET in Telecommunication is designed to prepare students to position themselves at the forefront of technological knowledge and skills for professional careers in various Telecommunications fields. The degree’s contents include knowledge about basic electrical and electronic systems, signal processing, signal propagation in different physical media and communications networks. Our degree consists of a large practical component, at least 60% of total credit weight is dedicated to tutored laboratory practical.
In addition, the Communication networks modules are adapted based on CISCO Networking Academy framework. Thus upon graduation, our graduates are equipped with Cisco Certified Network Academy Certificates. These certifications will prepare them with sufficient knowledge to further take Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Network.
BET quick info:
- The programme is fully accredited and approved by relevant authorities.
- The contents of this programme include knowledge about electronic and electrical systems, signal processing, signal propagation in different physical media, communications networks and antenna and satellite communication. Thus this programme provides the adequate basis to further their study to either Master or PhD level.
- The programme is designed to have a large practical component, as at least 60% of total credit weight is dedicated to tutored laboratory practicum.
- This course also provides students with effective training using various telecommunication devices such as optical fibre, satellite, navigation, computer network, mobile phone, VoIP and much more.
- Our programme is always updated with the current trend and technology in the Telecommunication field to ensure that what we deliver to students are not obsolete.
- The existence of teaching resources such as well-equipped classrooms and laboratories.
- Dedicated academicians who are qualified and highly experienced (both in industrial & education) and are in constant contact with the student.
- 17-24 weeks of industrial training towards the end of their academic studies to prepare them for employment upon graduation.
- Upon graduation graduates will be awarded Cisco Certified Network Academy (CCNA) Certificate level 1 to 4.
Career Opportunities of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Telecommunication in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Upon completion, BET Telecommunication Degree holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce in many sectors such as:
- Network engineer
- Telecom Equipment Engineer
- Transmission Engineer
- Product / Software development engineers
- Network Technical support / Help Desk / Service Desk Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Test Engineers
- Transmission Engineers
- Central-Office Engineer
- Embedded Software Engineer GSM / GPRS
- Outside-Plant Engineer
- Data Planning Engineer
- Engineer Radio Planning and Optimization
- VSAT/ Wireless/ RF Engineer
- IT Process Engineer
Courses of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Telecommunication in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- Fundamental English
- Professional English 1
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
Semester 1 ( Short Course )
- Programming for Engineers
- Introduction to Digital Electronics
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Introduction to Electronics
- Electrical and Electronics Workshop
- Introduction to Electric Circuits
- Engineering Mechanics
- Hubungan Etnik
- Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Electronics Devices and Circuits
- Electrical Circuit Theorems
- Essential Management Principles
- Mandarin 1
- Network Fundamental
- Engineering Mathematics 4
- Network Analysis
- Professional English 2
- Mandarin 2
- Transmission Systems
- Electromagnetic Wave
- Network Technology
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia (LM)
- Culture & Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Industrial Safety and Health
- Signals and Systems
- Application Interface Controller
- Communication Technology Principles
- Data Communications
- Final Year Project 1
- RF, Microwave, and Antenna
- Advanced Data Communications
- Mobile Communications
- Wireless Network Architecture
- Final Year Project 2
- Siswa-Siswi Pertahanan Awam 2
- Innovation Management
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
Entry Requirement of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Telecommunication in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Student must complete 12 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their High School Certificate, A-levels or equivalent with min Grade C (60%) in Mathematics and one of the Science subjects (such as Physics, Chemistry or Biology – depending on the programme)
IELTS 5.0 or its equivalent