Overview of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Applied Electronics in Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Applied Electronics (BET AE) course is developed with the intention of providing a platform for individuals to have theoretical and practical skills required by the semiconductor and industrial electronic sectors. This programme which is a cross-disciplinary field provides students with knowledge in radio frequency wireless technology, semiconductor, electrical, electronic devices, control system and instrumentation, automation, mechanical, manufacturing process and project management. These are some of the necessary fields required for the electronics industry.
Additionally, students will also be exposed to entrepreneurial skills that will help them developed their own business in future time. This is done by embedding entrepreneur elements in the courses of this programme. With the introduction of Industrialmanship and Teaching Factory it will ensure the students from this programme will not only be skilled in technical aspects but also in entrepreneurship. With the booming of electronics industry in the northern region, the students will have the opportunities to be a global technopreneurs.
Programme Educational Objective (PEOs)
- UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative that contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in engineering technology related industry.
- UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible.
- UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcome (PLOs)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialisation principles to well-defined practical procedures and practices
- Analyse well-defined engineering problems in their discipline or area of specialisation
- Formulate solutions to well-defined technical problems
- Assist in the formulation of systems, components, or processes to meet specified needs
- Conduct investigations of well-defined problems
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of their limitations
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues, and their consequent responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large
- Function effectively in a diverse technical team
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of engineering technology practices
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development
- Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning
Majors in applied electronics will be able to:
There are employment opportunities available in a wide range of sectors, such as Research and development, Design and Development (System, IC), Product Engineer (Electronic, RF), Process Engineer, Automation Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Quality Automation Engineer, Test Automation Engineer.