Overview of Dip. Leisure Management Kuching Campus in UCSI University Malaysia
UCSI University’s Diploma in Leisure Management introduces students to the study of business related to travel, tour operations and events. The sector provides services such as transportation, accommodation and entertainment for the local as well as the international market. Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) is also an inherent part of the programme. Besides technical knowledge, the programme also focused on building effective communication, interpersonal relationships, negotiation and persuasion techniques and skills.
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage. This programme provides students with relevant, interesting, stimulating and practical experience via a variety of teaching and practical techniques. Different dynamic learning processes are employed in the delivery of this programme, such as lectures, tutorials, team-based project, real life system development, presentations and independent projects supervised by supervisors from university lecturers or industry experts. The work-based learning is very much practical oriented.
Entry Requirements of Dip. Leisure Management Kuching Campus in UCSI University Malaysia
Pass SPM with minimum 3 credits (C)
Minimum 3 credits (C)
Pass UEC with minimum 3 credits (B)
Leisure related Certificate, SKM (MQF Level 3)
Pass Level 3 in related course and pass SPM with at least 1 credit
Other qualifications deemed equivalent to SPM/O-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Minimum overall average of 50%
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students (Diploma)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 2 of MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum band score of 4.0 in IELTS; or a minimum score of 30-31 in TOEFL IBT; or a minimum score of 36 in PTE (Pearson Test of English); or a minimum score of 140 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Test.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
Career Opportunities of Dip. Leisure Management Kuching Campus in UCSI University Malaysia
Students may expect to be employed by:
- Travel Agency Manager
- Tour Operator
- Cruise Manager
- Theme park Manager
- Tourism Project Manager
- Recreation Manager
- Event Manager
- Event Organiser
- Convention Centre Manager
- Entertainment Specialists
- Banquet Manager
Courses Offered of Dip. Leisure Management Kuching Campus in UCSI University Malaysia
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Tour and Travel Operations
- Introduction to Leisure and Recreation
- English Foundation for Hospitality and Tourism
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Writing for Academic Purpose
- Introduction to Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Hospitality and Tourism Communication
- Study Skills and Employability (MPU-U2)
- Hospitality and Tourism Economics
- Introduction to Accounting
- Leisure and Recreation Risk Management
- Geography for Travel and Tourism
- Visitor Attractions Management
- Resort, Spa and Wellness
- Sport Management
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions
- Casino, Club and Resort Management
- Computing Studies
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience II (MPU-U4)
- Quantitative Methods
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Introduction to Human Resort Management
- Events Management
- Introduction to Foreign Languages in Hospitality
- Malaysian Traditional Food (MPU-U3)
- Co-operative Placement
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
– For Malaysian students:
- Malaysian Studies
– For foreign students:
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2