Overview of Bachelor of Special Needs Education Hons in Quest International University Perak Malaysia
The Bachelor of Special Needs Education (Honours) programme is designed especially for students who are interested in working with children with special needs. The programme equips its graduates with the knowledge, competencies and attitudes that will enable them to work effectively with children with special needs. A key feature of the programme is the acquisition of skills and competencies in practical contexts. Students are provided with 640 hours of practical work experience in real world environments where they work with special needs children as well as stakeholders and providers of Special Needs Education.
This programmes equips graduates with:
- expertise in evidence-based practices for working with young children at risk of, or with disabilities, and their families
- skills for supporting and collaborating with families of children with special needs
- effective strategies for providing instruction to young children with disabilities
- the skills of early intervention involving early identification of developmental delays and providing prompt interventions so that special needs issues among children are addressed before they become ingrained problems
- organizational and managerial competencies that will enable them to work in governmental organizations and NGOs that provide services for special needs children and their families