Course Outline of Doctor Of Medicine MD in Perdana University Malaysia
An Innovate Curriculum
- We prepare our students to understand an individual patient’s health in the context of the interactions between their biology and the environment. Concepts are concurrently reinforced with clinical experience, building a confidence level in our graduates that gives them an outstanding foundation for intenrship and postgraduate training.
- Orientation and training on teamwork and leadership.
- Scientific foundations in medicine, clinical foundations in medicine and public health/ ethics.
- Scholarly concentrations.
- Primary care clerkship
- Transition to wards (Skills training in the clinical skills unit, case-based learning, integrating knowledge and communication skills)
- Core clerkships in internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, obstetrics & gynecology, psychiatry/ neuroscience and orthopedics.
- Advanced clerkships in internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, obstetrics & gynecology.
- Special postings (ENT, ophthalmology, anesthesia/ critical care and others).
- Elective rotations.
- Transition to internship.
Intersessions: Throughout the 4 years, intersessions are held periodically. These are self-contained modules emphasizing a holistic approach to Medicine (e.g. Global Health, Art in Medicine, Disaster Medicine, Palliative Medicine).