Research mode programmes offered by the Faculty of Pharmacy emphasise on inter- and multidisciplinary research areas in pharmacy including, but not limited to, drug discovery, pharmaceutical product development, pharmacy education and quality management of medicine. These research-oriented programmes are, by nature, laboratory-based, a combination of laboratory- and survey-based, or survey-based in various areas of pharmacy such as:
- Submit a thesis not exceeding 60,000 words
- Pass viva voce examination
- At least ONE (1) journal article accepted in WoS indexed journal
- Obtain a minimum of grade B for the Research Methodology course
- International students are required to pass Bahasa Melayu course
- A relevant bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A relevant bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment; or
- A relevant bachelor’s degree not meeting CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
English Requirement for International Candidates
- International candidates must meet the English language requirement set by the Faculty and University:
- IELTS: a minimum score of Band 6.0, OR
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 60, OR
- CEFR: a minimum level of mid B2, OR
- MUET: a minimum of Level 4 (Band 4), OR
- The Faculty may grant exemption to the conditions set forth above for international candidates from a country that uses English as their official language or who have academic qualifications obtained from any institution of higher learning that uses English as its medium of education.