This three-year Media Arts programme emphasises the creation of new forms of communication art enabled by computing technologies. The programme offers an inter/multidisciplinary approach to media creation that fosters individual exploration, experimentation and creative technologies practice. The word ‘media’ relates to mediums of communication; while ‘art’ emphasises the use of these mediums to create, express and challenge.
The course is conducted in an exciting environment where theories and practices can be challenged and ideas flow. The programme foregrounds experimental media creation and the results emerge in interactive systems, websites, games, installations, galleries, performances and sometimes public spaces. We strive to create socially and culturally relevant objects, experiences and spaces. Our graduates make significant contributions to the creative, cultural and multimedia industries.
- Media Arts Design 1
Media Arts Design 2
Digital Imaging Art
3D Modelling and Printing
Internet and Mobile Application
Mobile App Design and Development
- Media Arts Design 3
Media Arts Design 4
New Media Technology
Generative Art and Design
Multimodal Interaction Design
Sound Design 1
- Media Arts Design Project 1
Media Arts Design Project 2
Media and Networking
Art in Electronic Media
- Corporate Identity
- Workplace Communication
Hubungan Etnik (Local)
Pengajian Malaysia 3 (International)
Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (Local)
Bahasa Melayu Komunakasi 2 (International)
Bahasa Kebangsaan A (Local)
Foreign Languages (Local and International)
Introduction to Multicultural Studies in Malaysia
- • Pass Foundation/Matriculation studies in related field from a recognised institution;* OR.
- • Pass STPM or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C (GPA 2.00) in any two (2) subjects; OR
- • Pass A-Level with a minimum of Grade D in any two (2) subjects; OR
- • Pass UEC with a minimum of Grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of English; OR
- • Recognised Creative Multimedia Diploma or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50*
- Creative Technologist, New Media Artist, Event/Gallery Curator, DJ/VJ, Multimedia Designer, New Media Innovator & Media Scientist, Visual Artist & Designer, Media Engineer.