This three-year programme emphasises the effective interaction between user and product to ensure the consumers and product features are integrated with the technology used. The elements of user interaction such as usability, user experience, screen design, ergonomic and user-centered design will be emphasised in product development studies where the digital approach is implemented across all levels. This includes the use of 3D printing for rapid prototyping and model making, digital sketching for an idea development, 3D modelling for final design analysis, and virtual reality for product presentation (for function, usage and technical specification).
We also analyse user feedback for the final prototype to assess the effectiveness of the new design to the target user. Each final design will be patented to protect the students’ rights for the purposes of commercialisation. Through this multi-faceted approach, we believe the students will be well prepared to enter the real working
• Pass Foundation/Matriculation studies in related field from a recognised institution;* OR.
• Pass STPM or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C (GPA 2.00) in any two (2) subjects; OR
• Pass A-Level with a minimum of Grade D in any two (2) subjects; OR
• Pass UEC with a minimum of Grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of English; OR
• Recognised Creative Multimedia Diploma or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50*
Designer for Product Design, Furniture Design, Transport Design, 3D Object-based Designer, Interface Designer, UI/UX Designer, Academician