Overview of Bachelor of Arts Honours in Monash University Malaysia Malaysia
Graduates from the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) have sophisticated skills in analysis, communication and research and are often targeted as potential leaders in large corporations. Honours also has traditionally prepared the way for an academic career or pursuing a higher research degree.
This course involves a fourth year of study in one of the disciplines listed below. This course consists of a combination of coursework and research. In the coursework component you will develop advanced theoretical and/or technical knowledge of your discipline within the arts, humanities and social sciences and appropriate research methodologies. In the research component you will plan and execute a research project under the individual guidance of an academic supervisor.
- Archaeology and ancient history
- Chinese studies
- Communications and media studies
- Film and screen studies
- French studies
- German studies
- Human geography
- Indigenous cultures and histories
- Indonesian studies
- International studies
- Italian studies
- Japanese studies
- Korean studies
- Literary studies
- Religious studies
- Spanish and Latin American studies
- Theatre and performance
- Ukrainian studies
- Film, television and screen studies
- Gender studies
- Global studies
Students need strong academic results in their undergraduate degree, particularly in the third year, to gain entry.
For entry into the Bachelor of Arts (Honours), you must have:
- completed an undergraduate degree with a major (48 points or the equivalent) in the intended honours discipline, and
- Successful completion of an Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) including a major in their chosen Honours area of study with a distinction grade average (75 percent) or above in 24 points of studies in relevant discipline units at level three and an overall WAM of 75 in their completed undergraduate degree (or equivalent). For some majors, completion of specific units, or their equivalent, are also required for admission to honours. The details are provided with the requirements for each major to which this applies.