Overview of Bachelor of Business Administration Hons in Marketing in International University of Malaya Wales Malaysia
Prepare to enter the creative, fast-paced business of promotion, development, and sales across unique customer markets with a Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Marketing. We believe in entrepreneurship, innovation, and sustainability. Our programme will help you gain an in-depth understanding of contemporary marketing techniques on top of fundamental marketing principles.
The programme also focuses on understanding the nature of business and its role in the modern business society. At the end of the programme, students will have acquired an understanding of marketing's business, social and economic roles.
In lieu with our aim to be a global university, business programmes at IUMW are meticulously designed to produce high-performing individuals that can succeed in any context across the world.
- STPM Grade C (GP 2.00) in any two (2) subjects
- Diploma Pass OR pass Advanced Diploma (Level 4 or 5, KKM)
- STAM Jayyid
- UEC Grade B in five (5) subjects
- Foundation/ Matriculation CGPA of 2.00 out of 4.00
- A-LEVEL Pass with Grade D in two subjects
- Australian Matriculation ATAR 65
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB) 24 points across six subjects
*Pass Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification International Students: IELTS Band 5.5, or TOEFL score of 550.
Specific requirements at SPM level can be waived should the grades obtained at the STPM / STAM / Diploma / Matriculation / Foundation are equivalent or higher.
- A Level with 2 Principal passes or equivalent, recognised by Malaysian Government or fulfil any other entry requirements that are recognised by the University Senate; AND
- Pass IELTS with minimum Band 5.5, or TOEFL with a minimum score of 550.
English Competency Requirements
All international students are bound to the English Competency requirement set by the University and the Malaysian Qualification Agency except those who are:
- From countries where English is the official language; OR
- From an academic institution which uses English as its main medium of instruction.
UWTSD Requirements (if you spend a semester abroad)
- IELTS Band 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 for each component
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Accounting
- Business Communication
- Business Mathematics
- Intro to Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Management Information System
- Organisational Behaviour
- Introductory Business Statistics
- Legal Environment of Business (Malaysian Environment)
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International Student)
- Co-Curriculum 1
- Company Law
- Operation Management
- International Business
- Consumer and Buyer Behaviour
- Marketing Management
- Business Research Methods
- Human Resource Management
- Hubungan Etnik
- Pengajian Malaysia (International Student)
- Co-Curriculum 2
Choose any FOUR (4) elective
*Business Modelling and Spreadsheet
*Introduction to Entrepreneurial Behaviour
*Organisational Theory and Design
- Choose any ONE (1) elective
*Compulsory for Dual Award students\
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics
- International Marketing
- Marketing for Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Project Management
- Brand Management
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing
- Marketing Promotion
- Retail Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Strategic Marketing
Assessments under the Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Marketing programme are varied; they are based on either full coursework (100%) or a combination of coursework and final examination. The most common combination to be found is 60% coursework and 40% for final examination. Classes are held face-to-face, and include lectures and tutorials (offline and online). Our students are expected to demonstrate their understanding through several forms of assessments, including but not limited to discussions, essays, reports, quizzes, projects and written tests.
Students are expected to undergo six (6) long semesters and three (3) short semesters, over a span of three years. In the final semester, students can opt to go for an 8-week Industrial training or undertake a research project. At the end of the programme, students will have completed 120 credits and graduate with a MQA-accredited Bachelor’s degree.
- Advertising account executive
- Advertising account planner
- Market researcher
- Marketing executive
- Media buyer
- Media planner
- Sales promotion account executive
- Social media manager