|Department entry requirement
||To enrol into Bachelor of Computer Science, student must pass during the first year with a minimum of grade B for the following courses:
1. CSC 1100 (Elements of Programming)
2. CSC 1707 (Mathematics for Computing I)
Department required courses
||From year 2, student can take the Department required courses. The courses can be the enhanced or extensive version of the Kulliyyah required courses, including the Final Year Project (FYP I and II) and Industrial Attachment (IA). The courses are as follows:
1. CSC 2104 (Data Structures and Algorithms I)
2. CSC 2201 (Computer Networking)
3. CSC 2301 (Intelligent Systems)
4. CSC 2401 (Digital Systems Fundamentals)
5. CSC 2602 (Principles of IT Security)
6. CSC 2706 (Mathematics for Computing II)
7. CSC 3102 (Data Structures and Algorithms II)
8. CSC 3402 (Computer Architecture and Assembly Language)
9. CSC 3701 (Mathematics for Computing III)
10. CSC 4101 (Computation and Complexity)
11. CSC 4903 (Final Year Project I)
12. CSC 4904 (Final Year Project II)
13. CSC 4905 (Industrial Attachment)
At the conclusion of the second year, student will develop an in-depth understanding of knowledge, techniques, tools, programming skills and resources appropriate for student selected Bachelor of Computer Science specialization.
In the second semester of year 3, student can start doing Final Year Project (FYP), where student will have the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge related to conduct, design and manage Computer Science projects.
In the final semester of year 4, student will be able to apply everything that student have learned in their Industrial Attachment. The six (6) months Industrial Attachment will give student a good chance to demonstrate and test Computer Science skills, while at the same time can attract potential employers and creating a good professional network.
Department specialization courses
||From year 3, students are given the flexibility to select their specialization courses that carry 21 credit hours and equivalent to 7 courses, to best suit their career goals.
i. Software Engineering
ii. Network and Security
iii. Data Science and Computational Intelligence
Student can choose any 4 core and 3 elective courses listed in each specialization to get specialized Bachelor of Computer Science degree, e.g Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours) specialized in Software Engineering.
On the other hand, students can also opt for no specialization, i.e students can choose any core and 3 elective courses listed in all specialization.