Overview of Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health in DRB-HICOM University Malaysia Malaysia
The programme offered is designed to produce graduates equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills required to become competent personels in safety, health and environment.
Passed BM and English in SPM. Minimum 3 credits on the following subjects:
- Mathematic or any 1 Science subject (Biology/Physic/Chemistry/General Science)
- Any two subjects (English and/or Bahasa Melayu to be counted if candidate obtain credit)
**Passed in SPM
Before Year 2013
Passed in Bahasa Melayu / Bahasa Malaysia at SPM
Year 2013 onwards
Passed in Bahasa Melayu / Bahasa Malaysia & Sejarah at SPM
Passed in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with pass in BM and English, 3 Bs on the following subjects:
- Mathematic or one (1) Science subject (Biology/Physic/Chemistry/Applied Science)
- Any two subjects (English and/or Bahasa Melayu to be counted if candidate obtain B)
Passed in O-Level with 3 Cs on the following subjects:
- Mathematic; or 1 Science subject (Biology/ Physic/ Chemistry/ General Science/ Applied Science); and
- Any two subjects (English and/or Bahasa Melayu to be counted if candidate obtain C)
Minimum CGPA 2.50 in Certificate Level related to Health Science.
Other qualification that is recognized by the Malaysian Government equivalent to the above.
- English Requirement for International Student
The minimum condition for English competency is IELTS 4.0. CERF A2 OR equivalent with TOEFL PBT (397) OR TOEFL IBT (30-31) OR CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance/ CEFR B2 OR CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency)/ CEFR C1 OR PTE (Pearson Testof English) (30) OR MUET (Malaysian Univeristy English Test) (Band 2).
The graduates would be employed as Safety Supervisor, Occupational Hygienist, Safety and Health Practitioner, Safety and Health Auditor, and Occupational Safety and Health Coordinator and Safety Advisers.