Overview of Master of Science (Management) in Asia e University Malaysia
- Internationally benched marked, approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency
- Supported with research workshops, research colloquia and research clinics.
- Access to the physical and digital library comprising of 190,000 e-books, 95,000 e-journals, and 2.4 million e-theses titles.
- Can be converted to PhD based on research progress and subject to AeU Senate Approval.
- Transfer of candidature is possible if compliant requirements are fulfilled.
At the end of the programme, students are able to:
- Provide the opportunity for students to engage in academic research that enables them to acquire skills in problem solving, systematic analysis, communication and collaboration.
- Broaden the knowledge and expertise of students in areas of selected research.
- Enhance the capability of students to develop innovative solutions for career development and growth.
- Enhance human interactions and business communication skills.
- Project Management
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
Stage 1 : Proposal Development
Stage 2 : Data Collection
Stage 3 : Report Writing
Stage 4 : Thesis Examination / Viva Voce
Required Skills for Master Students by Research
Be independent: This is a learner-centred Master’s programme that requires students to conduct their research independently, with approved supervisory assistance as needed and in compliance with university’s stipulated guidelines to complete all required phases/stages.
Be tenacious:This research based thesis may take up to 2 years, but students must be committed to complete the programme within stipulated time without penalty.
Be effective in time management: Students need to prioritise and manage tasks effectively to ensure completion of one task before moving on to the next. Goal-focus and consistency are essential to achieving commitment-success.
Adapt to challenges: Invariably, students may face obstacles and challenges in completing their research, but they must be flexible and resolute to overcome difficulties immediately.
Communicate effectively: To earn recognition as a serious master student and a researcher, students must be confident in delivering the Research Proposal Defense, Viva Voce and completed thesis on time and effectively.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business-related fields with a CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent qualification
- A Bachelor’s degree in business-related fields (with a CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted, subject to a strict internal assessment process (may include tests, interviews or portfolio); OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in business-related fields but did not reach CGPA 2.50 can be accepted, subject to a minimum five (5) years working experience in related fields.
- A research intent is required at the point of entry.
Minimum English Language Requirements for International Students:
- Minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications.
- Those who have their tertiary education in English will normally be exempted from the above requirement.