- Internationally benched marked, approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Supported with workshops, seminars, research colloquia and research clinics
- Access to the physical and digital library comprising of around190,000 e-books, 95,000 e-journals, and 2.4 million e-theses titles accessible anywhere anytime,
- Viva Voce for international students can be done on-campus or off-campus via video conferencing.
- No proposal needed at the point of entry but only brief research intent.
- Transfer of candidature is possible, if compliant-requirements are fulfilled.
- Produce original research at the doctoral level.
- Conceptualise, design and implement projects for the generation of significant new knowledge and/or understanding.
- Create, interpret and disseminate knowledge which extends the forefront of the social & behavioural science (SBS) discipline.
- Make informed judgments on complex issues in specialised SBS fields, and create innovations in tackling and solving problems.
- Appreciate research implications and effectively convey research findings according to SBS needs.
- Disseminate the research findings by publishing, conducting and participating in academic journals, forums and seminars, etc.
Stage 1 : Proposal Development
Stage 2 : Data Collection
Stage 3 : Report Writing
Stage 4 : Thesis Examination / Viva Voce
- Conversational Therapy
- Development & Child Psychology
Sociology & Cultural Studies
- Cultural Geography
- Cultural Studies
- Demography / Population Studies
- Gender Studies
- Geography (social)
- Human Geography
- Regional Cultures
- Social Anthropology
- Social Conflict Theory
- Social Geography
- Women Studies
Political Science & Civics
- Human Rights
- International Relations
- Peace & Conflict Studies
- Political History
- Political Science
- Economic History
- International Economics
- National Accounts
- Political Economy
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
- A recognised Master’s degree in related fields; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications with a recognised Master’s degree.
- There shall be no direct entry from Bachelor’s degree level to Doctoral degree level.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree qualifications who are registered for Masters programmes may apply to convert their candidacy to the Doctoral degree programmes within ONE (1) year after Master’s degree registration, subjected to:
- Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at Doctoral degree level,
- Rigorous internal evaluation by the Senate of AeU.
- Get approval from the AeU Senate.
- A statement of research intent, describing what you have already done and what you hope to accomplish in your doctoral research
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
Minimum English Language Requirements for International Students:
- IELTS 5.0 or its equivalent.
- Those who have their tertiary education in English will normally be exempted from the above requirement.