- Internationally benched marked, approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Supported with research workshops, research colloquia and research clinics.
- Access to the physical and digital library comprising of around 190,000 e-books, 95,000 e-journals, and 2.4 million e-theses titles accessible anywhere anytime..
- No proposal is needed at the point of entry. Only brief research intent.
- Viva Voce for international students can be done on-campus or off-campus via video conferencing.
- Transfer of candidature is possible, if compliant-requirements are fulfilled.
- Demonstrate a systematic comprehension and in-depth understanding of the discipline and mastery of skills and research methods related to the field of ICT;
- Contribute to original research that broadens the boundary of knowledge through an in-depth thesis that will provide them with skills in problem solving, systematic analysis, communication and collaboration;
- Promote the technological, social and cultural progress in a knowledge-based society in both academic and professional contexts; and
- Demonstrate behaviour that is consistent with codes of professional ethics, legal requirements and responsibility.
Stage 1 : Proposal Development
Stage 2 : Data Collection
Stage 3 : Report Writing
Stage 4 : Thesis Examination / Viva
- System Analysis
- System Design
- Network Administration
- Operating Systems
- Programming Languages (Visual Basic, C++, etc)
- Software Localisation
- Software Testing
- Computer Use
- Internet Use Programmes
- Calculating (Spreadsheets)
- Data Processing
- Desktop Publishing
- Word Processing
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
- Possess a recognised Master’s degree; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualification; AND
- Candidates must complete at least one (1) initial degree (Master’s Degree or Bachelor Degree) in computing or related to computing.
- A statement of research intent, describing what you have already done and what you hope to accomplish in your doctoral research
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume.
Minimum English Language Requirements for International Students:
- Minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualification.
- Those who have their tertiary education in English will normally be exempted from the above requirement.