- This program is approved by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and recognized by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Interactive learning activities, assignments, online discussions.
- Easy access to myPLS anytime, on any device.
- Access to physical and digital libraries consisting of approximately 190,000 e-books, 95,000
e-journals, and 2.4 million e-thesis titles can be accessed anywhere at any time.
- Demonstrate the ability to explain and explain the basic teachings of Islam based on the understanding and appreciation of the mainstream tradition of Islamic knowledge
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and study how the development of Islamic scientific and spiritual traditions face the challenges of changing times and environments.
- Demonstrates the ability to use the analytical and critical tradition of Islamic logical thinking and dialogue in understanding and appreciating Islam
- Demonstrates the ability to use the scholarly traditions of the Qur'an and Al-Hadith in the context of understanding current challenges and problems
- Demonstrate the ability to combine the traditions of Islamic aqliyyah and naqliyyah towards the construction of Human Civilization based on Islamic values.
- Logic / Reason
- Dialogik / Adab al-Bahth wal Munazarah
- Current Aqliyyah Challenges
- Ulum al-Qur'an
- Ulum al-Hadith
- Current Naqliyyah Challenges
- Fiqh application
- Fiqh Muamalat
- Tasawwuf and Current Spiritual Challenges
- History of the Islamic Caliphate
- Islamic Institutions in Malaysia
- Fundamentals of Arabic Learning
- Arabic Communication
- Comparison of Religions
- Epistemology Comparison
- Comparative Ethics
- Basic Fiqh
- Introduction to Sharia
- Usul al-Fiqh
- Tasawwur Islam
General Subject Course
- Malaysia Education
- Information and Research Skills
- Entrepreneurship and Ethics in Malaysia
- Community Service Project
University Compulsory Course
- Academic Writing
- Ethics in Asia
Candidates should get at least;
- SPM / SPMV with at least three (3) credits AND pass in one (1) Arabic subject OR one (1) Islamic Studies subject; OR
- ‘O’ Level with at least Grade C in three (3) subjects and pass in one (1) Arabic subject or one (1) Islamic Studies subject; OR
- Certificate in Islamic Studies or related field (MQF Level 3) with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; OR
- STPM OR equivalent qualification with at least Grade C (CGPA 2.00) in one (1) subject; and Pass one (1) Arabic subject or one (1) Islamic Studies subject at SPM OR STPM level; OR
- STAM (Grade Maqbul); OR
- Other equivalent and recognized qualifications.
English Competency Requirements For International Students:
- Minimum score of 4.0 for IELTS; OR
- TOEFL PBT drink score 397 / TOEFL IBT 30-31; OR
- Pearson Test of English PTE 30; OR
- Cambridge English: Advance (CAE 160); OR
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE 180); OR
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET Band 2).